It has been one heck of a crazy day. The last few nights have been pretty rough to try and sleep through knowing that we could wake up to that wonderful "cleared" email from the embassy. No matter how many times I woke up during the night I wouldn't allow myself to check my email until it was actually time to wake up.
This morning, however, I broke my rule. I woke up around 5 AM and decided to check my email. My eyes honestly couldn't believe what they were seeing! There was the "case cleared" email from embassy!!! {There was also another email...someone else's clearance email...yes, that is strange}. After letting it sink in, I tried several times to go back to bed, but there was just no way. I started looking up flights and cutting tags off of baby clothes.
A little before six I couldn't take it any longer; I had to tell someone! Hubby wouldn't be up for a while longer, but I knew my mom and sister would be up getting ready for work! The text messages started flying!!!
Then about 6:30 I noticed Hubby stirring and went in to tell him the news. I don't think he believed me at first. He asked when I was leaving {he is staying with the kids at home}, I replied "tomorrow" and I was serious.
The crazy rush of finding flights, packing, and figuring out all the details commenced. There was just one BIG problem. Our agency was closed and I could not get a hold of anyone in either the U.S. or Ethiopia. I could have booked flights and tried to contact someone in Ethiopia Saturday morning, but in the end we didn't feel that was the most prudent thing we could do.
So now we will go the typical route and actually wait for the embassy to give us a day for our visa appointment. We are hoping that we will get the date we want and be able to fly out next week. I'd love to be holding Baby Boy in just a few days, but there really were quite a few things I wanted to tie up here before I left; like eating the healthy groceries I bought yesterday. Hubby and the girl's have already conspired that they are going to eat pizza the entire time I am gone. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment