Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Home A Week!





We're home!!!  At long last, our baby boy is with us.  We've been home for just over a week, but life has been a bit busy...to say the least!  :-)

Baby Boy has a new nickname.  Now that we have spent a little time with him Hubby has dubbed him Dozer, short for bulldozer.  He really likes to come at you head first and bulldoze into you.  I think that will change once he is walking, but it makes for a cute name.

I'd love to find the time to go back and write about our trip, but I can't at the moment, so I'll just give a quick update.

We arrived home last Thursday night, Oct. 4th.  Dozer has been doing really well overall.  That first night was a little rough because he was completely confused about time and basically stayed up the whole night.  He spent the next day or so napping a lot, but no long stretches of sleep.  I think that helped him acclimate to our time zone a bit and by Saturday night he went to bed around 8:30.  However, sleeping through the night is a different story.  He wakes for a bottle several times a night, but the kicker was that he was waking at 4 A.M. and done sleeping for the night.  That lasted around four days and now he is finally on a better schedule and sleeping till 6:30 or so.  I say that like it's routine, but it most certainly isn't.  Last night he was cutting a tooth and all bets were off.

It has been both a great week and a hard week.  Dozer has adjusted so much better than I was anticipating.  He has such a sweet personality; gives us tons of smiles, eats well, and is even sleeping in his crib in his own room.  However, I came home with a terrible cold and with all of those long nights I just don't seem to be getting any better which made that first week really tough.  Hubby, being the healthy one, was able to do a lot, but then he succumbed to my cold too.  I finally went to the doctor and got some meds and, with Dozer sleeping better, hopefully Hubby will be able to recover from his cold more quickly than I was able.  We are looking forward to a more normal week next week and really seeing what being a family of five is like!


No comments:

Post a Comment