It finally happened! The phone finally rang!!!
Praise God, we have a beautiful little 8 month old boy!
The phone call actually came in on Wednesday {I'm going to try to back date this post}, but it has been a whirlwind couple of days. This is adoption and that means we've been filling out paper work over the last few days and have more to go.
********************************************
The Story
Wednesday I was planning on getting an early start and getting to the grocery store. The kids ended up getting up early though; so, my shower was delayed. About 9:15 I got out of the shower and came out to check on the kids. I heard my cell phone ringing as Pumpkin ran past me hollering "I gotta go potty". Torn between seeing if she was going to make it and the cell phone I decided to check the cell phone {just in case}. We rarely use our cell phones so I was expecting to peek over the counter and see a wrong number, but there was the famous 703 area code from our agency!
At that point my world started spinning! I knew the phone had been ringing a while so I was desperate to answer before they hung up. Sometimes my phone requires me to press 1 to verify that I want to answer the call. This led to me fumbling around trying to figure out if I needed to press 1 and of course I was having all sorts of trouble in my excitement. Finally, I got our family coordinator on the line. She was very calm and asking me polite questions. The whole time I just wanted to interrupt her and ask her to call our house phone because I was afraid the cell phone would drop the call {we don't get good reception}. Finally she asked if Hubby was available to put on the line and at that point I asked her to call our other phone.
I hung up with her and went careening down the hall to Hubby's office. The kids were trailing behind me asking questions as I was shouting "this is it, this is it!". I'm pretty sure I was crying in all of that and Hubby came to his door quite concerned that someone had lost a limb or something. I told him America World was about to call us. We answered the phone much more calmly the second time and she proceeded to give us our referral information.
I really couldn't concentrate on details but she told us a little bit of his history {I think} and his birthdate. That was the longest 5 seconds ever, all I could think was "I can't do the math right now, HOW OLD IS HE!?!?" Finally, she said 8 months old. She told us his name and that he was just adorable and we were going to love him...to which I thought, get on with it and send the email then!!!
It seemed like forever until the email came. We decided I would forward it over to Hubby so we could open it on his big screen. Unfortunately, the forward button on my email is way down at the bottom. I had a really hard time scrolling through the whole email without seeing anything.
Hubby filmed me opening the email but no one will ever see that because I was in my bathrobe with sopping wet hair. Of course we all immediately thought he was adorable! The girls are thrilled that he is a baby; I think they have high hopes of being able to carry him around. :-)
I was so excited I could barely concentrate. We scrolled through the email and quickly went over what looked like other pertinent information. Then it was on to telling our families!
Since I was planning on heading over to the grocery store I tried to upload the pictures to Walgreens. That was not going very quickly and eventually Hubby came out of his office and asked if I thought I should maybe fax the medical information over to our pediatrician. Hmmmmm...I suppose that would be smart, but being the mommy all I wanted was printed pictures!
The faxing immediately proved difficult. Granted, our printer has handled a lot over the course of this adoption, but it picked a bad time to start acting up on us. After several tries and phone calls to the doctor's office later we finally got a successful fax.
Afraid it would poop out on us again Hubby printed off all of the paperwork we would need to accept the referral. We sat down that evening and filled it out. By 10:30 Friday morning it was at our agency and that sweet little boy was officially our referral! {He's not officially ours legally until we pass court.}
We got one of our first monsoons that afternoon which delayed the grocery store even more, but finally we got off shopping. Since I was out we went and picked up an outfit to send over to him. I've been saving some of our less used board books and other baby items to be able to send. I've had a photo album of our family ready to go for some months now. So, as soon as we can find a family to take it all over to him we'll be able to shower a little love on him.
*********************************************
We are just so thrilled and giddy! Baby boy you are loved and we can't wait to come get you!!!

Praise God for His faithfulness! So excited for you...isn't it amazing to think how He already chose your son for you before he was even born? Tears of JOY!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet him and to have a boy in this family!
ReplyDelete