Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Adoption Update!

Well, there has been some wild movement in our little adoption world over the last few days.  Last Friday I was away from my email all day travelling.  About 6:30 we had been at our destination for a while and I decided I should check my email in case there had been any referrals.  It had been about a two month dry  spell for baby boy referrals so I wasn't overly hopeful, but just had a feeling.  And that feeling would be correct...there were referrals!  We were propelled up to the #1 spot for a boy 13-26 months old  and tied for the #2 spot for a boy under 12 months.  Oh there was rejoicing!

Then Monday came.  We spent Monday travelling home and once again my email was exploding with good news.  First off, we finally got the "on-deck" email!!!

Second, there were more referrals!  We are now sitting at #1 for over 12 months and tied for #1 for under 12 months!

I'm so excited, but also trying to keep my wits about me.  That two month dry spell is very much on my mind.  I also can't help but wonder what God has in store for us...a baby or a toddler?  We never expected to wait to the top of the baby list and have been fully prepared for a toddler...guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment