Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Rainy Day

Yesterday was a true "rainy day".  I woke to the sound of the rain pounding down {love that sound} and it continued to rain steadily the whole day.  It was also the first day I was feeling well in over a week.

I decided to scrap all of my plans for the day.  The "country" road I take to the grocery store would require taking the truck and I didn't feel much like switching car seats out in the rain; so, I decided the grocery store could wait one more day.  After finishing up the morning chores I realized the girls were really on a roll playing together.  They were having tons of fun and weren't fighting.  So, I decided we wouldn't do school today and instead I would play catch up.

The list of things I needed to take care of was becoming a mountain in my mind.  None of the the tasks were a big deal by itself, but I had so many that needed done.  And most of them were the type of thing I would save for after the kids were in bed because they required uninterrupted concentration.  But the girls played SO nicely together all day {I don't think I had to break up one fight!} that I was able to sneak off to our school room and finish them all up.  It was such a relief!

I also took the opportunity of a chilly, rainy day to try out a soup I had been eying.  This chicken and dumpling soup.  I used her gluten free recipe for "cream of something soup" to put in it and used gluten free Bisquick for the dumplings.  It didn't make as much as I was expecting, but it was lovely.  Warm and hearty...perfect for a rainy day.

It was a good day.  Now I feel refreshed after limping through all of last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment