Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Beginnings

For so many reasons, the last two years have been the kind you just want to put behind you and move on.  By the end of 2010 I cried to God, "How much can one family take".  By the end of 2011 He has not seen fit to improve any of those situations.  We are ready for a new beginning.

Certainly I have a list of things I would like to improve upon in the coming year.  I'm sure the list is similar to yours.  However, one thing stands out.  Earlier this year I was reading through the book of James and felt this particular book had a lot of wisdom for me and spoke to many struggles in my life.  I even wondered if I should try and memorize it.  Memory work is not my strong point.  

As our last Bible study drew to a close we started to discuss what study we might do next.  Beth Moore's new study on James was about to come out and we decided on it.  Then I read her study had a new format with five different levels, to delve into the book deeper.  The final "level" was to memorize the book of James.  Coincidence?  Honestly, I'm skeptical this is possible for me, but I'm going to do my best.  It just might take the entire year.

Goodbye 2011.  Welcome 2012.  A new beginning brings so much hope.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Praying for you guys. We've been DTE for an infant boy since 11/4/2010. The wait continues...
    Tami
    www.therogersuz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete