Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Two Years

Life just seems to be speeding by lately.  So fast, in fact, that I forgot about a monumental milestone.

Yesterday, the 6th, marked two years since we officially began this adoption journey.  Officially, in that we sent our application to America World that day.  Of course there was quite a bit of time spent praying through the decision beforehand.

I wish I had something profound to say on this occasion.  Mostly my emotions are just a tangle of hope and despair.  It's just been so long.

Last Friday we got word that the people in front of us in line for a boy over 12 months finally got their referral!  Now there is just one more family in line for a boy over 12 months.  Their request goes up to 18 months, so it is possible for us to get a referral first, if it was for a child older than 18 months.  However, we've walked this road before, so I'm not letting my emotions run wild with hope that a referral will come quickly.  I guess cynicism sets in after two years.

However, if ever my son were to read this journey in later years, I want him to know that we still yearn for his presence in our home.  We talk about him daily, a large portion of my thoughts and prayers revolve around him.  He is truly loved already and one of my greatest prayers is that across time and oceans God is showing him the love of our waiting family.

We're still coming baby boy...someday.

3 comments:

  1. I completely know how you feel! It was a long three year wait for Gilbert and we have been waiting for the next one for over six months now. Hang in there! We are praying for your son and your family right along side of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff, sniff. Tearing up here. I pray he has a heart and mind for God already and is protected under His wings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we DTE buddies?? We were DTE 11/4/2010. Yikes this wait feels like FOREVER. Praying for you!!!
    Tami
    www.therogersuz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete