Somehow I forgot to write a DTE post on our actual DTE date! We have now had our paperwork over in Ethiopia 15 months.
Our social worker came by today so she can update our home study. It is set to expire soon. When I was first told {way, way, way back in the beginning} that our home study was good for 18 months and we would probably need to update it, I was shocked. The wait was only supposed to be 6 months. I didn't see how we would need to update the home study because I expected to be home with our son a good 6 months before it would be set to expire. Today, our social worker was hopeful that we wouldn't have to update it a 2ND TIME, but it is a possibility!
However, things have actually been moving forward lately though. I think I mentioned in another post that Kalil was finally up and running. We received word a week or so ago that our agency has now seen some of their children receive Kalil approval and they expect for there to be referrals soon. In fact, there have been a few referrals recently, even one for a baby boy which moved us up slightly.
It looks like we are currently 9th in line for a baby boy under 12 months and 3rd in line for a boy over 12 months.

sigh. keep your chin up about homestudy updates. our son nearly aged out of our homestudy with delays, so updates to homestudies are actually a GOOD thing. :) We're praying for your heart. (And I'll be sneaking around your blog looking for homeschool tips. Both my husband and I were public schooled, but we're planning on homeschooling.)
ReplyDelete