Finally, on to the wedding that was over a month ago now!
Quick recap: we traveled to Michigan in August to attend my sister-in-laws wedding...
After the rehearsal all of us girls made our way to a little condo nearby the church. We had grand plans of putting the kids to bed and enjoying a fun wedding DVD, but we had some major problems with the DVD player. Turns out it wasn't just that we weren't electronically minded, the condo had actually hid the remote control we needed because they have so many problems with groups of golfing buddies that stay at the condos and mess up the electronics!
The next morning came too soon for my taste and the day started with getting the bridal party's hair done. The little girls weren't too keen on having their hair done, but it sure was cute watching them.
Unfortunately, it started storming during the hair appointments and we were already running behind! After getting the kids hair done we went back to the condo to grab all of the dresses and head over to the church. My sister-in-law and I each took turns using an umbrella and running up to the condo. Of course, I kept forgetting things and had to make several trips through the rain.
We finally made it to the church and started getting everyone ready. I don't know about everyone else, but I was starting to feel a little stressed. I got the girls ready, but by then my hair was flat, my makeup had slid off in the rain and humidity and...oh yeah, I'm just the mom of the flower girls...no one cares, but me!
Anyway, the wedding was in a beautiful white chapel {just what I always wanted for myself} and decorated with huge purple dahlias.
I got to my seat just as the music was starting {there was a bit of a last second panic about the girls flower baskets} and the wedding processional started. Here is where I am kicking myself big time. Being part of the family, I was seated in the second row. I didn't want to make a big spectacle of myself taking pictures of my adorable children coming down the aisle. I also wanted to be ready to react if my children decided they didn't want to come down the aisle, so I didn't even get my camera out. And Pumpkin did the most adorable thing. She came down the aisle alone and instead of tossing petals on the floor, she would take a step, bend down and gently set a single petal on the floor, take another step and repeat, THE WHOLE WAY DOWN THE AISLE! It took forever, but was just SOOOOOOOO cute.
This is the only picture I have of her doing this so far. I'm really hoping the photographer has some great pictures.
Then Mooky and her cousin {the ring bearer} made their way down the aisle together. Mooky did the exact opposite of Pumpkin. Walking quickly, she carelessly tossed petals out of her basket. It wouldn't have been note worthy if it wasn't such stark contrast from what Pumpkin did.
The rest of the wedding went off just fine and was beautiful. Then it was on to the tedious task of picture taking. The kids did pretty good, but by the end of it they were all DONE. I can't wait to see the professional pics, but here are a few of my own. I'm sure you'd like to see a few of the bride, huh!
Next was, of course, the reception. It was just a ways down the street at a YMCA camp. They had a beautiful "lodge" looking building. I would have loved that for my wedding too! The girls had a fabulous time at the reception. The whole day Mooky kept asking how long until the "party" and she sure made the best of it. Both girls were out on the dance floor bustin' a move the whole night long. That is, until they both crashed around 9:30 and it turned out they had come down with the cold that had been making its way around the family all week.
Overall, it was a great day and hopefully filled with wonderful memories for the happy couple.
Here are a few more of my favorite pictures...



No comments:
Post a Comment