Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Friday, August 5, 2011

Bleck

 Today was just...bleck.  The Ethiopian courts closed for the rainy season.  Several families in our agency were not able to pass court {nothing bad, mostly just needed more paperwork} before the closures and it is just heart breaking.  They will now have to wait for the courts to open back up to finish their cases and then wait for embassy to be able to go pick up their children.  Had they passed, they might have had their children home before courts even opened again.  My heart just breaks for them.

 Another week went by without any referrals, including ours.  I had prayed so hard and believed that we would have had our referral and been to court by now.  I have to laugh when I think back to all of the things that I wasn't sure we'd be able to do over the past year because surely we'd be traveling or have our son home.  I just have to keep reminding myself that it is the very son God has chosen for us that we are waiting for, not just anyone...our son.

So, this month I'm allowing myself two whiny posts.  This one, because of all the heartbreak court closures caused and then our DTE post...if it's necessary.  Please, Lord, don't let it be necessary.

Hoping and praying some of you out there had fantastic days.  And praying for our friends that got caught up in all of this.  May the days between now and court opening be short and filled with distractions and God given strength.  I know when those children are in your arms forever the memories of this heartache will fall away quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment