Remember these eggs?
Well, they are still just sitting there, but now we think we at least may know what kind of a bird they are from. Last weekend when we were babysitting our friend's daughter we took all of the kids to a local museum. It's called the International Wildlife Museum and it's pretty neat. There are all sorts of animals from around the world that have been "stuffed" {taxidermy} and they have them on display in the museum. You are even encouraged to touch some of them. Of course, the African animals were my favorite.
One hallway is full of birds and they have a display of all sorts of bird eggs. Hubby took a good look at the display and there were some pigeon eggs that look just like ours. Plain white and the same size. We certainly have pigeons around here. I did a quick Google search and found that young pigeons will often lay eggs in random places while they are learning how this whole egg laying thing works. So, I guess the mystery is solved.

silly pigeons! I thought birds 'got' everything instinctively!
ReplyDelete