Hubby has been getting on my case about not blogging lately. I haven't had much time to sit and write and nothing has seemed worth a whole post. So, this one will be a little of this and a little of that.
This is the first weekend we've been home for several weeks now. As I mentioned in another post, I was up at my parents for Mother's Day. Part of the reason we were there was Hubby needed to be dropped off at the major airport there to catch his flight to Norway.
Yes, Norway. It's a bit odd, but he had a week long business trip there to meet with some customers his company is partnering with. Once the girls and I got back to our house, we spent the week doing fun things. Mommy basically went on a cooking hiatus. Woo hoo! Poor Hubby, on the other hand, had to deal with the long days of travel and the changing of time zones.
I was somewhat concerned we were going to receive our referral that week, while he was out of the country. It would have been crazy to get that phone call the one time we aren't under the same roof {hubby works from home}. But, obviously that didn't happen.
So when Hubby got home we had to drive back up there to get him again. Actually, my in-laws were kind enough to come watch our girls while I drove up there to get Hubby.
Then, last weekend I made the trek back to my family's city again for my sister's baptism. Yay!
I arrived home from that weekend to a house in utter chaos. I knew this would be the case, but when you are, shall we say, particular, like I am, you just can't prepare yourself for these things. Hubby is doing a small renovating project on his home office, so everything had to be moved out of it. Who knew there was so much stuff in there!
Since he was home alone when he moved all of the furniture out, he wasn't able to maneuver his desk around the corners in our hallway. Unfortunately, the only solution was pushing it straight across into the girl's bedroom. So, for the last week the girls have not had access to their bedroom during the day while he was working at his desk. They also slept in our room, because at night Hubby had to do the renovation work in his office and it was too noisy for the girls to sleep in the next room.
By Friday, we managed to get the house cleaned up of dust and organized better. Good thing too because this weekend we have some pint sized company. Our good friends asked us to watch their daughter so they could have a short get-a-way. The girls have all been having a wonderful time together. Oddly enough, their daughter never asked why there is a giant sized desk in our kid's bedroom. ;-)
Through all of this, the girls have had their swim lessons twice a week. I know to most people this wouldn't be a big deal, but we aren't used to having to drive into town so often. Luckily, they finished them up last week. Mooky absolutely loved it and really made good strides towards being able to swim better on her own. Pumpkin loved it until the fateful day that they asked her to dive for a ring.
Pumpkin's class was a bit...interesting. This class, was the first time her age group could be in the water without a parent and each kid reacted to it differently. One poor kid just screamed and screamed the.whole.time. The other child was very happy being in the water; in fact, a little too happy. He simply would not stay seated on the step of the pool. Of course, that put the teacher on edge because she didn't want him falling in. Pumpkin did well the first few weeks. She was very happy in the water and didn't even mind putting her face in. However, she hit her plateau of comfort when they wanted her to dive for a ring. At her age, diving for a ring really means being shoved down toward the bottom of the pool. Yeah, she didn't like that so much. She spent the rest of her lessons crying off and on and telling the teacher over and over that she didn't want to do the rings. I'm quite sure the teacher was thrilled when the last day of that class came.
So, now you are all caught up on our lives. Don't you feel relieved. ; )

No comments:
Post a Comment