Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Seeing Santa


We took the girls to see Santa over the weekend. I had being trying to prepare Mooky because she has been going through a phase where she is "scared" of a lot of stuff. I was really excited when we found an episode of her favorite t.v. show, Caillou, where he sits on Santa's lap. I really thought she might do it because Caillou did.

We stood in line for about a half an hour and everything was fine; she was excited to see Santa. However, it was about that point that the line twisted to where she could actually see Santa and everything fell apart. She started crying and wanted to be held. We calmed her down and told her she didn't have to sit on Santa's lap and at this point I knew she wouldn't. However, she didn't seem to understand why we were still standing in this line leading up to the scary man. I told her Pumpkin was going to sit on Santa's lap. It became kind of comical then because she kept repeating, "I scared of Santa; Pumpkin sit on his lap." So much for being the big sister!

When it was finally our turn we started moving toward Santa and she started screaming and crying hysterically despite the fact that I made no motion to put her on Santa's lap. I was simply trying to stand near him. I felt like every eye was one me and they were all wondering why on earth I would torture my child like this just to get a picture with Santa. Well, I was pretty amazed that they were able to snap a picture with all of us looking at the camera and with all of our eyes open. I think it is actually a pretty cute picture.

They had also taken a cute one of just Pumpkin, but she wasn't smiling like she is in this one and at $15 a pop, it just wasn't worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment