Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter 2012

I figured I better get some Easter pictures up before Easter was such a distant memory that I was embarrassed to put them up.

Early in the week the moms of our "small group" got the kids together to do a little Easter egg hunt.  We have a great little group with all but one family being adoptive families {it wasn't even planned that way!}.



Friday we colored about a dozen eggs.  We don't go overboard with the egg coloring because I'm the only one around here that would even consider eating an egg salad sandwich.  Although, we discovered the girls actually like hard boiled eggs for a snack.




Before bed, on Friday night, Mooky pleaded with me to put together their Easter baskets.  The girls were with me when I purchased everything for them; so, I'm not sure why she was SO excited about it.  However, I had been toying with the idea of having them do their Easter baskets on Saturday and leaving Sunday to be focused completely on the resurrection of Jesus, so that ended up working out well.

Saturday morning I got the girls dressed and then proceeded to tell them we would not be celebrating Easter day with Easter baskets, because that is not what Easter is about.  Before I could tell them we would be opening their baskets early, Mooky flipped out saying it wasn't fair that they couldn't have Easter baskets.  It was classic and we wished we had it on video tape.  What made it especially funny was not half an hour earlier she had seen the recycle trash from the stuff in her basket sitting out and knew I had put the baskets together.

Hubby and I made up a little "scavenger hunt" for them to search for their baskets.  They had to answer some simple biblical questions about Easter to find the next clue.




They were in the bathtub!


And finally a few pics from Easter day.



I didn't want to spend money on an Easter dress, but I wanted them to wear something a little more dressy than their casual play dresses.  I decided they should just wear the dresses from their Aunt's wedding last year.  We ended up getting so many comments about how adorable they looked that I started to feel very embarrassed about it and had to make sure everyone knew these were not special dresses just for Easter.

Since we had to stay in town this year and Hubby's parents happened to be out of town at the time, we took our Easter meal with a group of friends.  There was yet another egg hunt, lots of food, and plenty of good fellowship.







No comments:

Post a Comment