Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Almost Advent

Well, technically I believe Advent started a few days ago, but I think most people start it on December 1st.

We decorated the house today, Christmas cards have been figured out and the Christmas shopping is done except for one Internet order and a few small stocking stuffers.  I'm thrilled!  I really want to spend the month of December focusing on Christ, not stressing over holiday stuff.  And homeschool is how we are going to do it.

As I type I'm waiting for a huge amount of print jobs I just processed.  No, it still doesn't come close to the amount of adoption paperwork our printer has seen, but this was quite a stack.  It's all "fun" homeschool activities for the girls to do during the month of December.  I've seen several blog posts or fb posts from homeschoolers wondering if others are "doing school" in December.  Frankly, I'm wondering how come these people have such vivacious lives that they can't find time to do school in December and I don't.  But I know I'm a recluse, so I wave that thought away.

I am, however, wondering if we will find time to do our regular schooling with all of these extras I have planned.  We will be doing a Jesse Tree {planning a post on that}, a countdown chain to Christmas with the different names of Jesus in the Bible, and reading through the book Getting Ready for Christmas.  In addition, I've got this giant stack of coloring sheets and worksheets for them do to.  We've got snowmen that teach the trinity, spelling words from the nativity story, nativity coloring and drawing pages, etc. etc.  I'm also really excited to try and teach them some Christmas carols, other than Jingle Bells.  So, if you hear a sound like three cats wailing in an alley to the tune of Hark the Harold Angels Sing, then you might be hearing us.  Except that I can't keep a tune, so it probably will just sound like cats in an alley.

Enjoy the season!  If you will excuse me, I've got some collating and cutting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment