We officially signed up for the Warrior Dash I mentioned a few posts back. It is a 3.4 mile race with 12 obstacles. Of course, being the procrastinator that I am, only two race times were still open when we signed up. Oh well, it saved me from having to make a decision for a race time.
I've gotta say, I'm becoming increasingly concerned at my ability to do this race though. It's the whole 3.4 miles thing. I know there are plenty of people out there that run more than three miles just as a quick daily exercise, but that is not me. I've been running 1.5 miles and thought I'd try to double that in one run. Yeah, that didn't work so well. So, my goal is to work up to 3.5 or 4 miles over the next month.
I managed to run 2 miles last Saturday so this Saturday I'll go for 2.25 or 2.5. I did another training run yesterday, but I had the kids and the jogging stroller with me. I don't know how far I actually ran, but I did run further than I normally do with the stroller, so I felt pretty good about that. I can tell that as long as I take at least three days off between runs that going a little farther on the next run is very doable. Let's just hope I can keep it up!

How fun!! We almost signed up for that race (when it was in out area) but decided against it. Maybe next year:)
ReplyDelete