It stormed all night long, but I was still rather surprised to wake up to snow considering I had taken the girls for a jog to the park just the day before and we were perfectly fine in short sleeve shirts. Hubby had also, literally, just fixed the pipes that broke in our last freeze. Luckily, nothing broke this time.
Hubby had woke me up to tell me we had snow so when Mooky woke up we were already out in the living room. We decided to not tell Mooky and wait to see if she noticed the snow outside. It took her a few minutes as I made a big production of opening all of the blinds. But then she looked out the back door, ran to it, and started exclaiming, "It snowed, it snowed. Mommy, can we go out in it!" while jumping up and down. Pumpkin was still asleep, but despite the fact that she hadn't slept much that night, we actually went in and woke her up to come see and play in the snow.
So here are the pics...
Nothing like a fresh covering of snow to make the world beautiful and mysterious.
Hubby said he put on all of his skiing gear because it was overkill and that is something his wife would do. : ) However, I think he was just trying to make a point and wear the stuff because I refuse to go skiing with him.
One of our children likes snow more than the other, can you pick who?
Mooky added the ears, so I think it is a snow bear, not a snowman.
Hubby and his creations. Pretty good considering we live in a city that averages 7/10ths of an inch a snow a year!

No comments:
Post a Comment