Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Required Reading


Initially, I was going to post how I FINALLY managed to read ONE of the required reading books for our adoption.  However, by the time I found the time to take some photos our stack looked a little more manageable.



Like this!

  The first book I read, "The Whole Life Adoption Book," was full of good information, but definately not a quick read.  Next I read, "What It Feels Like to be Adopted".  This was an anectodal book about  17 different children's experiences being adopted and their thoughts on it.  Hubby also had a business trip recently, which left him plenty of time to read, "1-2-3 Magic," one of his choices from the disciplinary books we had to select from.

Since most of the paperwork is done now we have a little more time to concentrate on these things; but, in all reality we probably have another year to finish these books.  However, there are also eight hours of Hague training we need to start and finish up in the very near future.  I've heard it is pretty gruesome..working through all of the WORST case scenarios! 

No comments:

Post a Comment