It's Wednesday afternoon. I love Wednesdays. Mooky has her gymnastics class in the morning and she gets so tired out that my sweet little girl who never naps, actually takes a nap. Granted I'll be paying for this later tonight when she can't fall asleep, but for now I will cherish a bit of quiet. Oh, except that it isn't quite...yet.
We officially moved Mooky and Pumpkin into the same room together (more about that later) and this is the first time I've tried to get them to go down for a nap in the same room. An aweful lot of talking and giggling is going on. And they keep calling for me about every 2.5 seconds. I'm just gonna cross my fingers, say a little prayer, and hope that I can finish this post by the time they fall asleep and then work on some adoption paperwork.
So on to the topic at hand...back to basics...basic toys that is. Sunday the girls were feeling better, but we didn't want to take them to church to infect everyone else. So we stayed home and did some yard work. Hubby was out back picking up dog doo doo so I had the girls with me out front pulling weeds. I thought they would enjoy being out front for a change and just occupy themselves with nature, and rocks, and who knows what else. Nope. They were not interested. After about five minutes the whining started...we're hot, we're bored. After about five minutes of the whining, I decided this just wasn't going to work.
So I had a really simple idea. I put the girls in their swimsuits, gathered up a big plastic bowl and some random toys, filled it with water, and plopped the girls down in the shade. It worked like a charm. They played in that water for over an hour while I finished up the yard work. Then the next day they wanted to do it again. And the day after that, they wanted to play in the bowl again. Back to basics. Who needs DVDs, video games, toys with lights and sound when you have a bowl full of water?
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment