We received word today that we have been approved by American World to go forward with an Ethiopian adoption. We are so excited and relieved! I checked with one of our references yesterday and they had not been contacted by the adoption agency yet; I was afraid we were not going to hear within the 10 days they promise.
Our intake coordinator also let us know that there may be a problem with our age request of 0-6 years. We put in this request specifically so that we could be part of the "waiting children" program for kids 5 and up. However, she told us they don't typically like to break birth order of our current children. It will basically be up to the social worker that does our home study. I was a little surprised by this information because there is such a great need to adopt older children, but we are pretty open in this area. It will actually be kind of a fun surprise to wait and see because we pretty much assumed we would be referred an older child.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment