Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bubbles!





One of my New Year's goals was to find more time in the day to just spend playing with the kids. I've actually been doing pretty well on this goal. Along with that, I wanted to try and take them outside as much as possible. The weather has had its ups and downs as it always does in February, but we've made it outside quite a bit. Recently Mooky remembered how much she loves bubbles and wanted to go outside to try and blow them herself...and I let her...this is a very big step for a momma that does not like messes and messy children. I tried so hard to get a great picture of her blowing the bubbles (the look in her eye's was the best), but alas I only got mediocre ones.

What I would really love is to capture a picture of Mooky chasing after bubbles. She tries so hard to catch them and just keeps chasing them even though she has never truly been able to catch one. I pray she will one day chase her dreams with as much gusto and determination. I could learn a thing or two from that kid.

Their outdoor time has also been really therapeutic for me too lately. In the past I have dreaded outdoor time because it meant Pumpkin putting every rock in her mouth, Mooky wanting to play in the sandbox which I didn't want Pumpkin in, and Pumpkin needing help to get up the slide 1 million times. However, we have finally reached the point where Pumpkin doesn't put too many rocks or much sand in her mouth and she can even climb up to the smaller slide all by herself. So I have been using my outdoor time to lay in my beautiful grass, soak up some sunshine, close my eyes and pray. Somehow it feels like God can hear me better out there. It has certainly been a first that the girls want to go back inside before I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment