Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Trimming the Tree



Pumpkin is ready for Christmas too! I had her in another really cute Christmas outfit, but it got soiled before I took any pictures


Mooky checking out all of her new "toys"





Christmas is my favorite holiday...I love how homey the house feels with all of the Christmas decorations up. Although in about two weeks they will be driving Hubby and I nuts because we will start to feel the house is too cluttered! Yes, we usually like our house stark and boring.

Anyway, Hubby had a movie marathon with his friend the day after Thanksgiving so I decided it was the perfect time to put up the tree. I tried to spare him the frustration of putting up the tree and told him I would do it myself if he just got it out of the garage. However, he insisted on getting it together himself. Something about not trusting me to not fall off of the stepstool and knock myself out leaving my two children to fend for themselves while I lay on the floor unconscious. As a former cheerleader and gymnast, I was a little insulted!

Once he got the tree together, Mooky and I went about trimming it. Wait, that's not right...I went about trimming the tree and Mooky went about getting into every box of Christmas decorations and dragging them all over the house for me to try and keep track of.

Mooky was actually really excited about putting up the tree and getting out all of the ornaments. I unboxed them all and had her set them on the coffee table so we could see what we had as we put them on the tree. However, when I actually started putting the ornaments on the tree Mooky had a bit of a meltdown. She seemed to think she had just acquired about 100 new toys and they were not meant to be put on the tree. Ah, to be two and think everything in sight is meant for you alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment